Friday, November 29, 2013

My Tranformation Journey

This has been a work in progress for a long time, but I'm finally to the point where I am ready to push past the limitations I had set for myself.

At my heaviest I was 211 lbs, depressed, and discouraged. I grew up in a family who accepted being over-weight as the norm; inevitable and unchanging."That's just how we're built". I never took pride in my body or myself and I just let life happen to me.

Over some time I started fighting back on the inside- This wasn't who I wanted to be... I know there is was made for more than this. So I slowly started making healthier changes in my life, eating better and I took up running as a hobby. Then started P90x and joined a challenge group my coach invited me to. With the encouragement of an awesome running buddy and the advice and support from my Beachbody coach and teammates, I got down to 180lbs! That's 30 lbs of fat off my body!

Well, I got comfy since I was happy with where I was, but I have recently realized that the once unreachable, unattainable goal was no-longer an unrealistic dream. My mind set of "this is good enough" or "I can't do better than this" is just that- A MIND SET! So, I've set my mind to get better, to get stronger, to be healthier, to become the best me I can be... and to share that hope with others.

My story is still in progress, and I'm not going to stop until I really reach the best me, the potential each of us have... And that's where I want to help you. Don't be held back by your own limiting beliefs. I believe in you, I know you can do what I have done. And you will feel so much more empowered, confident, and finally happy in your own skin :)

1 comment: